roughly Firebase Distant Config hacks that scale back crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022 will cowl the newest and most present info around the globe. entrance slowly thus you comprehend skillfully and appropriately. will development your information cleverly and reliably
What’s Firebase Distant Config and what are its use circumstances
Firebase Distant Config is a cloud service that lets you change the conduct and look of your app with out requiring customers to obtain an app replace.
Firebase distant config is usually used to:
- Remotely allow/disable options
- A/B assessments on a sure group of customers
- Conditional configuration for an outlined set of customers
Along with the use circumstances talked about above, Firebase Distant Config may even assist stop crashes in sure conditions. When launching regularly at fast-growing startups, purposes are vulnerable to crashes, and as builders, we’re anticipated to take care of crash-free numbers.
Probably the most fundamental use is to activate/deactivate features remotely by storing boolean values. One thing like:
When releasing builds regularly, we could encounter the next eventualities:
- There’s a crash occurring solely at a sure utility model.
- There’s a crash occurring solely on sure Android/iOS model.
- There’s an accident taking place only for a non-public person.
- Some options managed by distant configuration are shipped dwell incomplete and in enabling the characteristic in future builds, it’s enabled in earlier builds additionally. This results in improper state seen to the person.
Extending the essential method to cowl the conditions talked about above, we will create distant configuration flags like:
blocked_user_ids: ...., ....
as a substitute of retaining boolean values, we add some extra optionally available circumstances to allow/disable options remotely. That’s how:
- is enabled – That is your fundamental boolean key – not optionally available
- utility model — Relying on the way you create your model numbers, it may be an extended/int worth that you would be able to examine to the present app model and resolve to allow a characteristic solely above the given app_version – optionally available
- android model — That is the minimal API degree for which you need the characteristic to be enabled. That is helpful with some open supply/third occasion SDKs that may behave surprisingly on sure variations of Android – optionally available
- blocked_user_identifiers — That is helpful on a small scale solely when you’ve gotten a restricted set of customers. Typically a scenario happens the place a selected person will increase the crash numbers by performing a sure motion over and over. – optionally available
We noticed how distant Firebase configuration may even assist scale back the variety of crashes in some circumstances.
I hope the article roughly Firebase Distant Config hacks that scale back crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022 provides acuteness to you and is beneficial for depend to your information
Firebase Remote Config hacks that reduce crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022