The previous few weeks have been nothing in need of dramatic at Twitter headquarters. However earlier than I get into that, I simply wish to say thanks. dark-paul gosselaar for our cowl picture inspiration.
And I might be remiss if I did not point out that I sympathize with all the staff who’ve been laid off, by alternative or not. Hundreds of individuals dropping their jobs is not any laughing matter and I’m in no way taking it calmly.
how did we get right here
Elon Musk posted eight tweets at present, which is superb for somebody who needs to be busy working an organization (all the way down to the bottom).
However his newest spherical of adjustments is the undoing of certainly one of his first acts as the brand new CEO, which was to ban Kathy Griffin and others for mocking his management.
However the week started with Musk sending an e-mail (encrypted?) to all workers informing them that they are going to be fired until they work at an “extraordinarily onerous” tempo to construct “Twitter 2.0.”
Shortly after the e-mail was despatched, Twitter introduced that they have been closing their doorways (some say they’ll reopen on November 21). All remaining workers have been knowledgeable that entry to their credential had been revoked.
This was the scene at Twitter headquarters final evening:
And Musk tweeted:
He is aware of that folks love to observe a practice wreck, proper?
Both means, it looks like conversations are flowing, opinions are flying, and engagement is thru the roof.
No marvel so many individuals assume that is the top of Twitter. Even Musk joins in on the… er, enjoyable?
Let this sink in. Musk started his first day on the job by firing prime executives, together with CEO Parag Agrawal. Quickly after, a number of others adopted his lead. Let’s examine who’s gone:
- CEO Parag Agrawal
- CFO Ned Segal
- Head of authorized coverage, belief and safety, Vijaya Gadde
- Normal Counsel Sean Edgett
- Data Safety Director Rinki Sethi
- Head of Safety Peiter Zatko
- Director of Buyer Service, Sarah Personette
- Director of Individuals and Variety, Dalana Model
- Advertising Director, Leslie Berland
- Normal Supervisor of Client Merchandise and Income, Jay Sullivan
- Normal Supervisor of Core Applied sciences, Nick Caldwell
- Accounting Director, Robert Kaiden
- Vice President of World Consumer Options, Jean-Philippe Maheu
- Head of Worldwide Communications, Julie Steele
- Head of Belief and Safety, Yoel Roth
- The worldwide head of social media and editorial
- The director of ethics, transparency and accountability of ML
- info safety supervisor
- CEO of Twitter Studio
- Head of localization technique
Those that haven’t been fired are selecting to resign on their very own phrases. The explanations? Peter Clowes helps clarify why some select to not observe Musk:
So is Twitter performed?
Perhaps? One in every of your remaining workers has told Newsweek reporter Travis Akers the web site “has a couple of week left earlier than it dies.”
Some individuals are not satisfied.
It is onerous to consider Musk would spend $44 billion on the platform simply to see all of it burn down in a matter of weeks. However I additionally assume he underestimated how a lot the employees would put up with. With all of the conflicting info on the market, it is onerous to know what to consider. We are going to attempt to hold this web page up to date with the newest info as it’s launched. Keep tuned!
New to Search Engine Land